Skip to main content

Ads

Featured Post

Love Language 💛

I first heard this term "Love Language" from my very good friend, Rakhpreet many many many years ago when she was nagging me about my love life. Well, what are friends for if your relationship problem isn't theirs? 😏  So, what is Love Language actually??? It refers to the way in which individuals express and receive love. No one speaks about it but it is so vital in any kind of relationship. I wish someone had taught me this when I was younger...It's okay, never too late to learn new stuff.    As you can see, there are 5 types of Love Languages. Words of Affirmation is a love language that involved verbal compliments such as "I am grateful for you". Where else,  Quality Time involves spending time with your loved one, engaging in activities together - Netflix & Chill . A person who has Gift Giving as their love language feels most loved when their partner gives them tangible items.  Acts of Service  involve doing things for your loved one, like cooki

Can You Reach That For Me, Please?

So, it took me some time to realize that I was gonna be stuck at 4'9 and that's simply because I enjoyed being short when I was kid, teen and even now I'm secretly enjoying it! Most of the time, it may seem like being a short girl has more disadvantages than advantages. But, hey! A short girl has it all and trust me it's so much fun being short...I'll tell you why.

Back in school, I got to be at the first row  in class and actually for almost everything. Always had the best views during assembly, sports day, etc. Playing hide and seek was always super fun as I got to hide in places easily and never be found at times. Limbo rock was easy peasy. Then, I got to wear short skirts and dresses that will never look short on me. This was definitely a huge advantage as I grew up having a super strict dad aka Baba. 

I also love how I never outgrew the playground swings till date and even enjoy that feeling of shaking my dangling legs whenever I sit on any high chair. My legs are never gonna stick out the bed and always able to swaddle myself in my blankie. Talking about legs, the shorter the leg, the lesser the hair to shave...errr I hope the math is right! Oh yeah, that leg space in theatres and planes! I don't even have to explain.

What else? Aaah yes...shopping from the kids section at a cheaper rate - my Skechers shoes, Converse shoes, Man United  jersey...yeap, you read that right! And no, I'm not ashamed of it. There are so many other reasons and I can go on and on but let me end with one of the biggest perks of being short; people tend think I'm younger than what I actually am! I cheat my age so easily and when someone buys it, I'll go "No laaahh, I'm 3_" and obviously the next response I get is "Aiyoh, you look so young!" Well...who doesn't love a compliment, right?

Okay lah...I won't deny that there definitely are some annoying moments like when I'm called "Shorty / Pendek", when the car sun visor doesn't reach me, when I can't find the perfect jeans or when I can't reach the bottom of the washing machine. But all these doesn't beat the joy of being short!

Short or tall, remember, we are all beautiful and unique in our own ways. But...this is specially for all my fellow petite people. Let's embrace our "down to earth" size and when something is out of our reach, put on that cute face and say "Can you reach that for me, please?"

There's even a road specially for us!


Comments

  1. Very good! I like
    The way you ended saying we’re beautiful in our own ways !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very hilarious. Positive way of looking at an otherwise disadvantaged position. The Jalan Pendek ending is sooo funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Nice one ����
    Great that you can find shoes in the kid section!!! I can't even find mine in the adult section ������

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts