Skip to main content

Ads

Featured Post

Love Language 💛

I first heard this term "Love Language" from my very good friend, Rakhpreet many many many years ago when she was nagging me about my love life. Well, what are friends for if your relationship problem isn't theirs? 😏  So, what is Love Language actually??? It refers to the way in which individuals express and receive love. No one speaks about it but it is so vital in any kind of relationship. I wish someone had taught me this when I was younger...It's okay, never too late to learn new stuff.    As you can see, there are 5 types of Love Languages. Words of Affirmation is a love language that involved verbal compliments such as "I am grateful for you". Where else,  Quality Time involves spending time with your loved one, engaging in activities together - Netflix & Chill . A person who has Gift Giving as their love language feels most loved when their partner gives them tangible items.  Acts of Service  involve doing things for your loved one, like cooki

My First Kick!

If you're thinking this has something to do with any form of martial arts. You're not wrong but you're not right too. 

Let's rewind to many many years ago when I was 6. So, just like everyone else, I went to kindy. I loved kindy. It was so fun. I even did so well that I got awarded 'pelajar cemerlang' and I remember seeing my dad so proud cos he was some AJK at that kindy.

However, school wasn't the same for me. I was terrified to go to school. It was my worst nightmare. I hated school so much, so much more than words can express. I remember so vividly my first day at school where I was crying non stop in the assembly hall. Both mom and dad accompanied me but even with them there I was crying. Then this girl came up to me and said, "Don't cry, it's okay." I stopped crying for a bit and sat down with her. Her name was Jayne Gomes, my first friend at school. But it didn't last, just moments after that I started crying again.

Every single day I refused to go to school. I asked my mom to follow me and stand outside my class. Seeing her there was some sort of consolation for me. She would stand for a while and then go missing. And I would start crying again! I am NOT exaggerating, I really hated school. 
The face shows it all, right?? Okay, so after one week, it got worse...they decided to send me by school bus since I was in the noon session and my dad was working. That terrified me even more. I refused to get in the bus. I would throw all kind of tantrums. My mom is the sweetest, kindest person you'll ever meet. She never scolded, hit or forced us in anyway. So, when I was throwing tantrums not wanting to go to school she was still very calm but.... I have a sister who's the opposite of my mum. She was a strict sister with 11 years of age gap. So, that would make her 18 when I was 7. She couldn't stand my drama I guess. They somehow got me into my uniform and when the bus arrived she dragged me to the bus, I was trying to hold her back but I was too weak and then I still tried holding on to the bus entrance door, crying and refusing to get in. And that's when she then got into beast mode and gave me oneeee kick on my ass. I tell you, that was a flying kick! She kicked and I flew in the bus. And that my dear friends, was how I got my first kick!

And obviously that was the last act I pulled at home refusing to go to school. No more tantrums at home. But I still tried my luck a few times in the school bus by telling the bus uncle that I was unwell (diarrhea) and I need to go home instead of getting down at school but he didn't fall for it. Bus uncle must have had previous experiences I guess. Haihh...then my next step was looking out to my cousin in school. She was Standard 4 and in the morning session. So, once I reached school, I will head to her classroom and cry till her teacher notices me and asks "Siapa punya adik ini?" Lol! I cant believe I did all that but yeah, I hated my first few weeks of school. 

And I never forgot that kick!!! Initially I was planning on revenge. 👿 I even took up Taekwando at school to get back at my sister. Somehow my revenge didn't work out lah. Here's a picture of me when I started off Taekwando...made it up to blue belt but had to stop halfway as my instructor had some issues of his own. I remember him too, he had a cool name, Nawas Khan! Like some cool Bollywood actor...Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan.
Anyway, just to clear the air...I love my sister very much and that wasn't any sort of abuse or violence. It was just a 'kick start' to my school life. If it wasn't for that one kick, I probably wouldn't be what I am today. Sometimes, we all need a lil push in life...I guess for me, I needed a kick! Thank you, sista!

Comments

  1. Hahahahaha nice one Cc! Yes, we all need some kinda push start button or a kick sometimes. Haha! Thats the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha cc! I knew I would feature in one of your stories one day...
    Anyways.. I love you too & you’re welcome♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts