Skip to main content

Ads

Featured Post

Love Language 💛

I first heard this term "Love Language" from my very good friend, Rakhpreet many many many years ago when she was nagging me about my love life. Well, what are friends for if your relationship problem isn't theirs? 😏  So, what is Love Language actually??? It refers to the way in which individuals express and receive love. No one speaks about it but it is so vital in any kind of relationship. I wish someone had taught me this when I was younger...It's okay, never too late to learn new stuff.    As you can see, there are 5 types of Love Languages. Words of Affirmation is a love language that involved verbal compliments such as "I am grateful for you". Where else,  Quality Time involves spending time with your loved one, engaging in activities together - Netflix & Chill . A person who has Gift Giving as their love language feels most loved when their partner gives them tangible items.  Acts of Service  involve doing things for your loved one, like cooki

My Nose Isn't Big, I Just Happen To Have A Small Face.

Growing up, I had friends saying I have a big nose and that's the only thing noticeable in my face. Once, I even got called 'Indian Pinocchio' by a boy I don't wish to name. To be honest, I actually didn't see it. The only thing I realized was that little hump on my nose. But from the amount of comments I received, I got the message - I have a big nose. 

Take a good look at that nose.

There' a kutty (short) story for that hump - I had a fall when I was seven, a face-to-the-ground fall while playing with my cousin, Elicia. I tripped, fell, lifted my head up, saw blood stain on the floor & went back to the same position I fell and waited for someone to pick me up cos I freaked out after seeing the blood. My sister came to the rescue and my poor cousin got scolding for my fall. The story doesn't stop there. After a few weeks, at school, I walked into a pole. Yeah, I WALKED INTO A POLE! **Stop laughing you mean people** Accidents happen and in my case, there's a very suitable Tamil saying which goes "Patta edethele thiripu padethu" (Injuring the same place over & over again). 

But you know what, I was okay back then, in other words, I was in good terms with my nose until my teenage years. People repeatedly picked on my nose and I started hating my nose for that reason. It is sad that people fail to realize how their statements / "jokes" about appearances can make one feel. I obviously felt insecure and pressured - "Am I not pretty enough?" I used to stand in front the mirror thinking why of all the noses in the world, I got this! And things got worse - you know how the media world fail to represent all body types and all skin colors, I think it is just about the same for noses. Only small and sharp noses are considered attractive. Hence models / actresses have such variations of noses and even if they don't, they alter it to fit in. Sad, isn't it? Haaiih. 

Did you know back in 2018, there was a campaign to break the big nose taboo which of cos I think is a great effort because I can relate to it. You can check it out too - #sideprofileselfie. But do we need such a campaign? I really don't think so. We, humans need to be a little more kind with our words. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  


I don't quite remember when I accepted my nose but yeah, I have. I started seeing myself as whole package, and not just fret over my nose. And in fact, now I think I've got a pretty cool nose which I can reach out with my tongue. Can you? Press play for visual proof. 

Cool, right? Thanks to my big nose, I too have a hidden talent. 😜 So, with all this being said, here's a public apology to my nose. "Dear Nose, I'm sorry for the times I said you were too big and wished you were different. You're perfect!" And to all other nose owners - big nose, broad nose, flat nose, wide nose, bumpy nose, just any kind of nose, just remember - Whatever the shape of your eyes or nose - a joyful face is always a beautiful face. 



Comments

  1. This is another beautifully written piece! You are beautiful inside out and I know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really well written. By the way you have a beautiful nose 😊. It's best not to bother about what others think. More strength to you 💪.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I made it to your blog yeay! Yes, we were playing the "danger" game. Good old days. Ur simply perfect the way you are. I would kiss u on your nose to proof that ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha danger game turned out to be dangerous! Yes please irriki annuchu orru ummah tharo

      Delete
  4. You are perfect the way you . Enjoy reading your write-ups. Keep writing. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear darling bestie! Love you too ❤️

      Delete
  5. God made us in His image... We are all beautiful regardless.. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very proud of you lil’ sis, with a big heart, Keep writing. From your biggest fan♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you big sis. 💜 Will do. Thinking what's next..

      Delete
  7. It's ur unique style 😜❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts